Jodie Estarziau, Chief of Police
Volunteering - Getting Involved
We are always in need of animal lovers who can volunteer their time to bathe, groom, walk and socialize with our furry companions. However, we also need volunteers to help in other ways as well; including groundwork, administrative work, off-site events, photography, laundry and much, much more. Volunteers enable us to give our animals the care and attention they need and deserve. We couldn't do it without their help!
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the Volunteer Application and return it to City of Manteca, Parks and Recreation Department at 252 Magnolia Avenue, Manteca, CA 95337. As soon as your application is processed, you will be called for a short interview. This will be followed by an orientation and a training session.
A few things to know before you apply to volunteer:
- Must submit to short interview
- Orientation is scheduled following interview
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Minimum commitment of 3 months, 2 shifts/month required
- May volunteer on or offsite
- Extra training provided for certain tasks
- Volunteers positions available in most areas of the shelter